We are farmers. We produce the healthiest fruits and veggies that nature can grow.
mission • group • management team • local operations
Produce the healthiest food that nature can grow
Regenerative agriculture means that we need to manage our farms differently, focusing on soil and plant health to reduce costs, improve fruit quality and productivity by:
- Reducing agrochemical inputs
- Enhancing photosynthesis, nutrient cycling, efficient water use
- Diversifying species in the system
Deliver a positive impact on our environment
Regenerative agriculture means that we need to fix the ecosystems on our farms by:
- Capturing as much CO2 as possible through photosynthesis
- Reinventing our production, packaging and delivery processes to minimise energy use and carbon emissions
Inspire change across the food industry
Regenerative agriculture means that we need to offer a scalable and attractive model to fix ecosystems on a global scale by:
- Generating competitive returns
- Reviewing customer strategy to achieve the true value of a regenerative fruit (customer base, branding and communication)
- Sharing information about our processes and outcomes (agronomic, financial, …)
The Fruit Farm Group was created at the end of 2014 by the shareholders of UNIVEG (now GREENYARD). Its objective was to provide a number of UNIVEG companies with farming, packaging and export activities; the financial means to unlock their full potential.
The Fruit Farm Group’s operations are geographically spread over seven countries and three continents, and have a diversified product portfolio. They are currently growing some of the most sought-after fruit varieties and benefit from guaranteed market access through a sales, marketing and distribution agreement with GREENYARD – a global market leader of fresh, frozen and prepared fruit and vegetables, flowers, plants, and growing media.
All operations have significant improvement and expansion potential, which will lead to incremental output and improved profitability.
Viviane Bauters CEO
Vlerick School for Management and Bio-Engineer
— Skills: Team Management and Leadership
— Goal: Aiming for "simply the best"
Kris Onghena CFO
Master in Applied Economics
— Skills: Corporate Finance
— Goal: Create a healthy and sustainable business environment for all stakeholders to develop and grow further
Hein Deprez Executive Chairman
— Goal: Bringing the vision of a healthier future to life within farming and through the whole fruit and vegetables supply chain.
Tanguy de Bock
Interim Managing Director
Interim Managing Director
Deputy Managing Director